PIECES AND PATCHES QUILT GUILD
This year's PPQG Challenge theme is all about "QUILTERS ARE ARTISTS TOO." The members who participate will choose an artist and take a picture of one of their works and create a quilt representing your interpretation of the artist's work. There will be a cost of $5.00 for a fat quarter that MUST be in their wall hanging somewhere. This year we will be using the criteria for AQS because it is the goal of the Guild to apply to enter our 8 chosen quilts to be displayed at their annual quilt show.
THE RULES ARE:
1. Choose an artist and create a quilt using their art piece as inspiration. Interpret it to make your own!!
2. Size of wall hanging: 30" X 40" or 40" X 30" (Portrait or Landscape orientation)
3. You must use some of the fat quarter within the wall hanging(It must be noticeable)
4. The quilt must be made entirely by the member.
5. You will bring your entry to the guild meeting on April 30, 2018 before 6:45 p.m. in a nondescript bag which will be given to a committee member. Do
not have any labels on it.
6. Attach a picture of your inspiration plus the name of the artist.
On April 30, 2018, we will display the Challenge Quilts at an Art Exhibit from
7:00 to 7:45. Each member will have a chance to vote on their favorite quilt.
There will be 8 place winners and the prizes are as follows:
1" Prize $100.00
2nd Prize 80.00
3rd Prize 70.00
4th Prize 60.00
5th Prize 50.00
6th Prize 40.00
7th Prize 30.00
8th Prize 20.00
TOTAL PAYOUT: $450.00
Invite guests to come to see yours and other member's ART! It will be a fun
night with hors d'oeuvres an sparkling drinks. Remember not to overthink it.
It is all about how you interpret the artist. Have Fun!
Thank you for your participation!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have any questions, please call me at 517 769-6153 or ask at the meeting.
Jan Rochefort, Challenge Chair
Note: If Pieces and Patches Quilt Guild's Challenge Quilts are fortunate enough to be selected for the AQS Quilt Show, it will be necessary to follow specific AQS instructions for attaching the sleeve for hanging. The eight winning quilts that we send would require a sleeve that conforms to their specifications. Instructions on how this sleeve should be applied will be forthcoming, possibly in a demo in 2018.